Helping our communities ‘pay it forward.’
Franklin Savings Bank’s SmileSquad was formed in January 2013 as a program to connect with the communities we serve on another level. Our unique program often executes win-win programs benefitting local non-profits and businesses while treating community members with a surprise.
This altruistic program is full of the element of surprise by not revealing where members will show up next in the communities served by FSB. The goal is to create a ripple effect of random acts of kindness. This contagious nature is kept active by experiences shouted out on social media channels, thereby encouraging others to pay it forward.
FSB’s SmileSquad committee has performed random acts of kindness throughout Central New Hampshire, some of which include:
- Belknap-Merrimack County Meals on Wheels – Delivery of red roses purchased from the Granite United Way fundraiser to deliver for Mother’s Day
- Tapply-Thompson Community Center, Bristol – Purchased senior citizens’ and Bristol Rotary Club member lunches for a special event hosted at the Center
- New Hampshire Family Literacy Day, Penacook (MVHS) – distribution of financial literacy books with FSB’s mascot, Buzzy Bee
- Tilton School public ice skating night – made and served hot chocolates in souvenir SmileSquad travel mugs
- Webster Lake Ice Fishing Derby – purchased Derby entry tickets at stores in Bristol, Belmont, Tilton, Franklin and Salisbury; Mix 94.1 FM promoted the FSB SmileSquad and the store locations of the day
- Gilford Youth Center – treated families to sweets at the Disney-themed Valentine event
- Funspot Triathlon to benefit the NH Humane Society, Laconia – a team of SmileSquad members participated to help our four-legged, furry friends
- Red Oak Montessori School, Franklin – matched funds the students collected to buy pajamas and blankets for local families in need
- Randomly paying for purchases at local merchants
We’d like to hear from you. Where would you like to see the FSB SmileSquad in action? Send an e-mail to email@example.com with your suggestions. You just may see us there!