If you ask us, the start of a new year is all about perspective. A new year is like a blank page in a freshly cracked notebook… inspiring for some, daunting for others. No matter how you view the new year, we are committed to ensuring that all of our customers feel empowered when it comes to your finances and making money work for you. Doesn’t sound like you? Don’t fret. We’ve got a few tips to help you get on the right track and take control of your financial future.
Here’s a little experiment. Try Googling a phrase like “make my money work for me.” You’ll likely find yourself inundated with all sorts of advice, much of which can feel overwhelming, especially if you think the guidance offered doesn’t apply to you.
One of the biggest misconceptions we encounter with our customers relative to money management is the assumption that it takes great wealth to access expert advice. Spoiler alert: it does not. Wealth management is something everyone should feel confident pursuing.
So, our first suggestion for making your money work for you in 2021 is to partner up with someone who will do the work necessary to realize results. (Psst… that’s us!)
As lofty as “wealth management” might sound, what it really means is allocating your money with your future needs in mind. It’s like putting a pail beneath your hopes and dreams and dropping money into each one, accordingly.
For instance, we can assist with the following:
- College planning — Whether or not you attended college is irrelevant. If you have aspirations for your children to pursue higher education, or at least have the option to do so, then college planning is one of your wealth management benchmarks. Like much of wealth management, in general, you likely have more options than you think. In fact, we can even help you allocate college funds for your grandchildren. The possibilities are a-plenty, and our team of wealth management advisors have the expertise to help our customers navigate the potential pathways to arrive at this goal for their families.
- Estate planning — Granted, estate planning isn’t anyone’s favorite topic but putting off a strategic conversation about where your assets go after you’re gone doesn’t delay the inevitable. Sit with our team, which comprises insurance, financial and legal experts who will guide you in how best to manage your estate, no matter its size.
- Investment management — Save yourself the headache of managing whatever investments you have by letting our team of investment management experts evaluate your risk tolerance according to where you are in life and what your goals are.
- Retirement planning — This calls to mind the expression, you don’t know what you don’t know. In this case, you’re not yet retired and have no idea what your needs might be. While retirement planning might feel like question marks are barraging you, we have the expertise and experience to help you realize what you do know now to anticipate what you’ll need in the future. We all have retirement dreams; we’re determined to ensure that you make yours a reality.
- Retirement income planning — We think of this as expecting the unexpected and setting adequate funds aside accordingly. It’s difficult for any of us to anticipate our financial needs post-retirement. That’s where retirement income planning proves advantageous. Rely on experts who have a sense of what the unexpected might look like and how to safeguard your savings against it.
As the former U.S. Congressman Jim Moran said, “The future belongs to those who prepare for it.” Partnering with Franklin Savings Bank will help you stake your claim.
Contact us today and let’s schedule a conversation on our calendars in celebration of the new year!