Ease, Convenience and Security for Starters!
Once upon a time, not very long ago (at all!), you wouldn’t dare leave home without your wallet. Flash forward a nanosecond to our current moment in time, and that same old wallet can just… stay put. How is this possible?
With the continued popularity of payment apps utilized on a mobile device, you no longer need to worry about carrying a wallet, let alone any credit and debit cards. Mobile wallet provides you with the same in-hand accessibility simply by storing your debit and credit card information in digital form. Once stored, you can make purchases using a smartphone, tablet, or smartwatch… while letting your wallet collect dust.
The question is, should you make the switch?
Here, we take a quick look at why a mobile wallet is so popular and whether you should do away with your billfold altogether!
Make My Wallet Mobile
In our tech-driven environment, mobile wallet offers a variety of benefits to those who prefer the ease and convenience of paying for goods and services at the tap of a button.
Some benefits to mobile wallet include:
- The convenience of paying for items using a mobile device instead of a credit or debit card.
- The ability to store several cards from national and local banks, as well as store-branded cards, on a mobile device.
- Superior payment security, making transactions at terminals much more secure than using plastic cards.
- While there is a multitude of mobile wallet apps available, the most popular are PayPal®, Apple Pay®, Android Pay™, and Samsung Pay. Apple Pay® and Samsung Pay work on mobile devices from their respective brands.
- All mobile wallet apps are available for free and can be downloaded and tested without incurring a fee. In addition, all of the apps can be used at participating retailers as well as locations with contactless card readers.
Franklin Savings Bank is pleased to offer Apple Pay®, Android Pay™, and Samsung Pay to our customers.